Spring has sprung! Today is officially the first day. Its warming up a little in NYC and time for some seasonal editing of the makeup bag. While, I'm pretty consistent in my personal beauty preferences, good skincare, my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and pink or red lipstick (coincidentally my brand colors), I am in the beauty biz and love to see what's going on out there.
Because I have so much extra time on my hands (haha), I did a little side project on Skillshare for Beauty Trendspotting Spring 2014. I'm happy to say, I won the contest for the best trend report chosen by Beauty High editor Rachel Adler. It came with a feature on their page and $100 prize, presumably so I can restock my cosmetics case for the season. Some of these are pretty extreme coming off the catwalks, but you'll also see images of how they're moving from runway to red carpet to real way. Here how I called them:
- Baby Blues (blame Marc Jacobs for this one)
- Orange Lips (bright, like neon orange)
- Crowning Glory (gorgeous milkmaid braids)
- Bold Brows (full and natural)
- Cropped Tops (short, choppy haircuts)
- Dare to Go Bare (less is more)
- Pretty Pastels (Dior has the most beautiful palette)
If you want to see the research or commentary on the trends, check out my Pinterest board.